ConcertCue (formerly NoteStream) is a mobile web application that streams synchronized program notes during a live musical performance. These program notes include text, images, and other rich media, precisely timed to important events in the music itself. The goal is to help audience members better appreciate and understand the music they hear.
In July 2018, Eran Egozy was awarded a $50,000 grant from the Knight Foundation to continue research and development of ConcetCue.
ConcertCue been used in the these performances
- Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Grainger, performed by the MIT Wind Ensemble, Fred Harris conducting (Prism II concert, Dec 2016)
- Blackstar by David Bowie, arranged by Evan Ziporyn, performed by Maya Beiser and the Ambient Orchestra, Evan Ziporyn conducting (Mar 2017)
- Beethoven's Sonata for Violin and Piano No. ("Kreutzer"), performed by Susanna Ogata, violin and Ian Watson, fortepiano (Mar 2018)
With Radius Ensemble and at Michigan Technological University
- LUCY, by Elena Ruehr, for piano, strings, flute, clarinet (Longy School of Music, November 2017, Michigan Tech, January 2019).
With the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Haydn Symphony No 83, Andris Nelsons, conductor (Tanglewood in the City, July 2017)
- Mozart Piano Concerto No 21, Benjamin Grosvenor, piano, François-Xavier Roth, conductor (Jan 2018)
- Express Abstractionism by Sean Shepherd (World Premiere), Andris Nelsons, conductor (Feb 2018)
- Shostakovich Symphony No 4, Andris Nelsons, conductor (April 2018)
- Elgar Enigma Variations, Andris Nelsons, conductor (Nov 2018)
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No 24, Alessio Bax, piano, Sir Andrew Davis, conductor (Jan 2019)
- Debussy, Nocturnes, Andris Nelsons, conductor (Feb 2019)
- Debussy, La Mer, Andris Nelsons, conductor (Tanglewood in the City, July 2019)
- Maskats, My River runs to thee... Andris Nelsons, conductor (Nov 2019)
- Haydn, Symphony No 49, Pinchas Zukerman, conductor (Feb 2020)
With the New World Symphnoy
- Sounds of the Times: Volatile Prayers (Dec 2019)
- Fire and Romance: (Feb 2020)
Articles about ConcertCue:
- ConcertCue informs NWS audiences during concerts (New World Symphony Blog Post)
- Boston Symphony's Casual Fridays — A 'Concert-plus' Experience Thanks to Innovative Tech (Boston Edge)
- Notes on the Go (in Symphony Magazine, Spring 2018 issue)
- Before the Concert Begins, Please Turn On Your Cellphones (Boston Globe)
- The Concert Program Gets a Digital Makover Fit for Bowie (Arts at MIT)
Example showing ConcertCue working in the live performance of Elena Ruehr's Lucy.
Program Notes by: Robert Kirzinger.
Video Editing by: Julia Fiksinski.
Nathan Gutierrez '17 received the Wiesner Student Art Award in 2017 for his work on ConcertCue.