ConcertCue (formerly NoteStream) is a mobile web application that streams synchronized program notes during a live musical performance. These program notes include text, images, and other rich media, precisely timed to important events in the music itself. The goal is to help audience members better appreciate and understand the music they hear.
ConcertCue been used in the these performances:
- Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Grainger, performed by the MIT Wind Ensemble, Fred Harris conducting (Prism II concert, Dec 2016)
- Blackstar by David Bowie, arranged by Evan Ziporyn, performed by Maya Beiser and the Ambient Orchestra, Evan Ziporyn conducting (Mar. 2017)
- Haydn's Symphony No 83, performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Andris Nelsons conducting (Tanglewood in the City, July 2017)
Read Articles about ConcertCue:
- Before the Concert Begins, Please Turn On Your Cellphones (Boston Globe)
- The Concert Program Gets a Digital Makover Fit for Bowie (Arts at MIT)
Nathan Gutierrez '17 received the Wiesner Student Art Award in 2017 for his work on ConcertCue.